– Cross-curricular Connections: Exposes students to topics and vocabulary in the content areas such as science, social studies, health and math.
– Skills Continuum: A systematic approach to building skills from one level to the next. All lessons are written using accessible language to support students at a wide range of reading and writing levels.
– Real-world Writing: Exercises encourage students to use real-world texts, their peers and their own portfolios to deepen their learning.
– Research Skills: Students will learn effective research methods, such as developing inquiry questions, searching for and evaluating sources, taking notes and citing to avoid plagiarism, and protecting their privacy online.
– In-Context Applications: Every lesson ends with a task that requires students to use the skill in their own writing.
Each Workbook contains dozens of lessons organized into 6 sections to cover the foundational skills for writing, including:
Work with Vocabulary.
There are no reviews yet.