English Tutoring Programs:
At Inspiration, we offer an individual approach and use “west meets east” tutoring methodology to teach English . Our team of highly qualified English tutors specialize in helping your child in writing fluency, English literature, grammar, essay writing, ESL, and standardized tests preparation.
Andy Y. Grade 7
“I am currently a Grade 7 student at St. Andrew’s College. I have been attending Inspiration Learning Center for 3 years now and although I am taking English and French, my tutor often helps me with other subjects as well. I got into St. Andrew’s College because of Inspiration Learning Center and their experienced tutors continue to help me maintain an overall average of 85%. I am on the honour roll at St. Andrew’s! To me, Inspiration Learning Center means success and I am confident that with their continued support, I will reach my goal of attending The University of Toronto in the future.”
Eric Z. Grade 12
“When I arrived in Canada, I attended summer school at Inspiration learning Center and they helped me get ready for my new high school. Even though I am attending public school now, I continue to attend Inspiration Learning Center to take some high school credit courses. I enjoy coming here six times a week because my teachers give me some writing ideas, help me with my homework, and teach me how to revise and edit my work. My English and Math marks have improved a lot because of Inspiration Learning Center.”
William W. Grade 11
“Inspiration Learning Center is a good place where students can express themselves by studying together. The students here feel more like they are at home than at a tutor. I have been coming here for 2 to 3 years now to study English and French. With the help of my tutors, my understanding, speaking, and writing have all improved through my learning. I feel like Inspiration Learning Center means friends, family, and gives me guidance. I am looking forward to another year of summer school here!”
- The Inspiration English program is individualized for each student. We use standardized Canadian assessments plus the student’s most recent report card to determine the student’s areas of strengths and weaknesses. Our English program is matched to your local curriculum, ensuring these areas coincide with the areas on the student’s report cards and in their classrooms: Reading, Writing (grammar included), Oral and Media. Our standardized Test preparation includes the SSAT, SAT, AP, IB.
- We determine if the student requires learning in all 4 English sections (Reading, Writing, Oral, and Media) or a focus on strengthening the one or two areas of weakness.
- Our English tutoring staff includes qualified teachers that specialize in the area of English.
- Each student is given the option to attend either 1-1 or small group (4:1 student-to-teacher ratio) sessions.
- Each student is assigned a full-time educational consultant. He or she will work with the parents and tutor to monitor the progress of the student. At request, Inspiration will work with your child’s classroom teacher to communicate about specific needs that the child may have in both school and tutoring setting.
- With our Inspiration English program, each student gets an assigned workbook, in addition to printed teaching materials.
- Have an English essay due unexpectedly soon? Inspiration can accommodate additional sessions for English homework tutoring.
- In addition to subject-specific tutoring, our tutors can work with your child to improve study skills such as memorization, exam preparation, organizational strategies, note taking, and much more!
✔️ Joe Z – After only 18 months in Canada, IELTS 8, accepted to Waterloo University (Ontario) coop program with scholarship. Alumni of our English, Physics, and Math programs.
✔️Amy W – Increased from a 78 to 96 in English, with recent immigration background.
✔️ Suzy C – Increase from 62 to 84 in English over the semester.
✔️ Doris S, alumni of our French, Math, and English courses. First got accepted into the IB program, and subsequently
✔️ James P. – Grade 10 English, improved from 75 in Grade 9 to 90.
✔️ Bonnie Z. – Grade 10 English and Math, English improved from 70 to 90 and Math maintains at high 90s.
✔️ Danille L. – Grade 12, English, Chemistry & Biology in 90s, Math 95.
✔️ Ivan C. – Grade 2, Math and English, As student.
✔️ Maggie H. – Grade 8 Math, improved from 70 to 90, English improved from 60 to 83.
✔️ Christal W. – Grade 10 English, 90s.
✔️ W. (English) – Accepted into Mcmaster University Business.
✔️Reece Z. (English) – Accepted into Western University Media program.
✔️ Maggie S. (Grade 7 Math, French, English) – Mark improved，got 80+ in English.
✔️ Ryan X. (Grade 11,12 English, Math) – Accepted into Western University Management program.
✔️ Yongfeng G. (Grade 12 English, Math) – Accepted into University of Alberta.
✔️ Aiden W. (Grade 12 English, Math, Science) – Accepted into University of Alberta.
✔️ Rita Z. (English) – Accepted to University of Toronto Business program.
✔️ Feng G. (English) – Accepted to University of Alberta Computer Science.
✔️ Audrey S. (Grade 11 and 12 English) – Accepted to OCAD Design.
✔️ Sanmu B. (Calculus and English) – Accepted to UTM Accounting.
✔️ Yann X. (English) – UTSC Social Sciences.
✔️Ling L. (English) – Accepted to Waterloo Life Sciences