These texts are renowned for mathematical precision and accuracy, clarity of exposition, outstanding examples and problem sets.
The Student Book introduces exponential and logarithmic functions in the first chapter, with their limits and derivatives found in Chapters 2-3, along with polynomials and other elementary functions.
– Authors clear writing style guides students through key ideas, theorems and problem-solving steps
– Thoughtfully worked examples that support concepts as models for problem-solving, with many including step-by-step explanations
– Examples that encourage students to develop an analytical and insightful view of mathematical concepts, with many displaying solutions graphically, analytically and/or numerically
Table of Contents:
1. Functions and Models
2. Limits and Derivatives
3. Differentiation Rules
4. Applications of Differentiation
6. Applications of Integration
7. Techniques of Integration
8. Further Applications of Integration
9. Differential Equations
10. Parametric Equations and Polar Coordinates
11. Infinite Sequences and Series