For the first time, Ron Larson has partnered with an AP calculus teacher to develop a program that meets the needs of the AP calculus course while helping students develop mathematical knowledge conceptually.
With a clear focus on course demands, Calculus for AP introduces content in the sequence most preferred by AP calculus teachers, resulting in more complete content coverage.
– The Table of Contents presents topics in the sequence preferred by most AP calculus teachers to meet course demands.
– Exponential, logarithmic and inverse trigonometric functions are introduced earlier in the course, allowing for complete coverage of differentiation and a greater variety of applications.
– Mathematical Practices for AP Calculus (MPACs) that are presented in the AP Curriculum Framework for AP calculus AB and BC are represented and clearly labelled in the text, examples and exercises.
– Calculus AP Exam Preparation Questions are modelled after the AP Exam and appear at both the end of section exercises and chapter.
– Insights are AP specific and appear throughout the book to offer important information about material commonly appearing on the AP Exam.
Table of Contents:
P. Preparation for Calculus
1. Limits and Their Properties
3. Applications of Differentiation
5. Differential Equations
6. Applications of Integration
7. Integration Techniques, LHopitals Rule and Improper Integrals
8. Infinite Series
9. Parametric Equations, Polar Coordinates and Vectors